Origin of New Balance sneakers
New Balance is a renowned sportswear and footwear brand founded in 1906 in Boston, Massachusetts. The company was created by William J. Riley with the goal of designing and manufacturing orthopedic insoles and arch supports to improve people's balance and comfort. Initially known as "New Balance Arch Support Company", the brand began to gain popularity among athletes due to the quality and performance of its products.
Why have New Balance sneakers become so fashionable?
Comfort: One of the key factors that has contributed to New Balance's success is its focus on comfort. The brand has invested in cushioning and support technologies to ensure that its sneakers provide a comfortable wearing experience and reduce stress on the feet. This has attracted people who value comfort in their footwear, whether for sports activities or for everyday use.
Style and Versatility: New Balance has managed to combine comfort with attractive and versatile designs. Their sneakers feature a distinctive and recognizable aesthetic, with a variety of colors and combinations that suit both sporty and casual tastes. Additionally, they have partnered with fashion designers and collaborations, broadening their appeal and bringing New Balance sneakers to the forefront of streetwear.
Return of retro trends: In fashion, trends tend to be cyclical, and in recent years there has been a return to retro and vintage aesthetics. New Balance sneakers, with their classic and nostalgic design, have benefited from this trend, capturing the attention of those looking for a style with influences from the past.
Focus on quality and durability: New Balance has maintained a strong reputation for the quality and durability of its products. As consumers have become more aware of the sustainability and longevity of their purchases, New Balance sneakers have gained ground in being viewed as a long-lasting and reliable option.
Influence of celebrities and influencers: Collaborations with celebrities and the popularity of social networks have had a significant impact on the spread of New Balance sneaker fashion. Many influential personalities, both in sports and entertainment fields, have been photographed wearing the brand's models, creating an additional boost for its popularity and trend.
In short, the combination of comfort, distinctive style, quality and the effect of fashion trends has led New Balance sneakers to gain wide recognition and become a popular fashion item in recent years.
Which are the most mythical sneakers of the New Balance brand?
- New Balance 990: First introduced in 1982, the New Balance 990 shoe was noted for its innovation and advanced technology at the time. They were the first sneakers to surpass the $100 mark in their retail price. The NB 990 have become a classic and have gone through several versions over the years.
- New Balance 574: Launched in 1988, the New Balance 574 sneakers have become a true icon of the brand. Its timeless and versatile design has attracted a wide audience. They've been popular for both sporty wear and casual wear, and their combination of suede and mesh makes them instantly recognisable.
- New Balance 997: Introduced in 1991, the New Balance 997 shoe was acclaimed for its comfort and stability. They featured high-quality construction and a combination of premium materials. Its distinctive and elegant design has attracted sneaker lovers and is considered one of the brand's most popular silhouettes.
- New Balance 1500: Released in 1989, the New Balance 1500 shoe became popular for its striking aesthetics and exceptional performance. They were one of the brand's first models to use lightweight construction and advanced cushioning technology. The NB 1500 is highly valued by sneaker collectors due to its quality and exclusivity.
- New Balance 996: Introduced in 1988, the New Balance 996 shoe stood out for its sophisticated design and focus on comfort. They were one of the first models to combine suede and mesh, and became popular both in sports and in the urban lifestyle.